The City of Portland provides water, sewer and electric utility service. These services are billed monthly based on actual readings. Refuse and recycling services are provided by Granger Container and is also billed on the monthly utility bill.
The City of Portland is responsible for the maintenance of the water system from the main in the street to the shut-off valve in the curb lawn. Property owners are responsible from the shut-off valve to the residence.
- Utility deposits are required for new utility accounts.
- Deposits will be reduced by 50% with a letter of good payment history from a utility company you've had service with in the past year.
- Deposits for renters are held the entire term of service.
- The final bill is deducted from the deposit with the balance being refunded.
- Deposits for property owners will be refunded after 12 consecutive months of timely payment which is required by the 20th of each month.
- In the event that utilities are disconnected for nonpayment, deposits will be required to be brought to the full amount of $300. (Broken down as $200 for electric service, $50 for water and $50 for sewer.)
- Utility bills are mailed by the 10th of each month
- Utility bills are due on the 20th of each month.
- A 5% penalty is added to all bills received after the 20th.
- Delinquent notices are mailed on the 25th of the month, allowing 10 days for payment before the shut-off process begins.
- Arrangements for payment must be made IN PERSON at City Hall, and require a payment of 50% of the delinquent bill and a $10.00 service charge.
Instead of receiving a paper bill, you can sign up to receive your utility bill electronically via email.
- This is a FREE service.
- Avoid mailing delays in receiving your utility bill
- The E-bill will contain the same information that you are accustomed to seeing on your paper bill.
- The bill date, due date, amount due and other information will remain the same.
- E-mail Bill Enrollment Form (PDF).
- ACH (automatic) payment of your utility bill on the 20th of each month
- The City of Portland contracts with BS&A Software and Point & Pay companies to offer the option to pay utility bills and property tax bills by credit card.
- A processing fee is applied.
- Call 855-839-7004 to pay by phone.
- Payment Portal
Please call for utility rate information.